Sunday, January 8, 2012

Woods in January

       It has been absoLUTEly beautiful for January here in wonderful Old North Central Florida.  It was up to 70 degrees today!  It's a heat wave for January.  The woods are beautiful even now, with the leaves covering the ground and crunching underfoot.  See!

I like the light in this one, shining through the rusty colored dogwood leaves.


This is the ravine across the road where the deer cross the road and go in and hang out for a spell at eventide.


This is my road.  Do you see my little "road colored" dog?  She is waiting for me to catch up.


Here she is in all her bodacious selfness!  All 18 lbs. of her. (She thinks she is so VERY much bigger)


       We were out a good bit yesterday and today.  Today Wendy and I went to town.  I took some clothing and various bedding to the St. Francis House.  It is a wonderful place that feeds and gives a place for the homeless people to rest.  It is criminal, and this is just my opinion, that in a country as abundant as this one that anyone doesn't have enough to eat or a place to sleep.  Especially since so very many of these poor people have such serious mental problems.  I never thought I would see this country come to this.   Where unabashed greed would ruin an economy and nothing would be done about it but to bail them out so they could put even more in their pockets.  And then there are those that have lost jobs and homes in this economy with now bail out coming for them.  There but for the Grace of God go I ...      I am so very grateful for my surrounding woods and my warm and cozy cabin to come home to.  Thank you, Great Creator of All!!







No comments:

Post a Comment