Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Bag of Many Colors

       I have a favorite blog that I have been following for awhile.  A delightful woman who lives in England.  She has me crocheting again, inspired by her tutorials and colorful hooky treasures.  Beautiful blankets and buntings as well as fabulous pictures of the countryside.  You can check out her  beautiful blog here.   This is a bag she created and was so kind to share a great tutorial with pictures on the makings of it.  You can see the tutorial here.



       Oh, I just loved all the bright colors so I just had to have a go at one for myself.  I ordered some cotton yarn and I am giving it a try.  The colors I have are not as pretty or as vibrant as the ones she has but they will have to do.  It's all that is available here in the U.S.  There is so much more available colorwise in England.  I have perused their shops online.  Ooodles more colors available.   But shipping is a wee bit more than I fancy to pay.  But here is a peek at mine in progress.  Mine is not quite as big but adequate I think.


        Will show you more as we go along.  (You see my little partner there?  She is always close at hand.)  I took her out for a run and the sky was such a beautiful blue for just a short little while.  We were to have clouds and rain today.  And we did have enough rain to wet everything quite well later on.

  

        Then it is back to work.  Printing Totem Animal and Spirit Teacher books to be taken to the Artisans' Guild.  Also, received a wonderful order of 27 pieces off my etsy site a couple of days ago.  So I will be busy getting that together to ship to a shop in St. Augustine.  I hope this is a sign of better financial times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment