Tuesday, January 10, 2012

On The Way To Town

       Today Mom and I went into Gainesville.  I needed to order some mat board and we both had some errands to do.  When I went to pick her up I was struck by the color of the Bradford Pear trees lining the streets.  The color will only last a couple of days.  Love it.


       It has been such a delightful fall and winter so far.  Only a couple of nights down in the 20's.  So nice to not have either heat or AC running, having windows open during the days.  Anyway, back to today.  We got our errands done and had some lunch.  We splurged and brought home fresh donuts from the Donut Connection.  The sour cream ones taste like my Grandma Mart's home-made ones from my childhood days.  YummmMEEEE!  (We treat ourselves only about once a month as they could become very addicting.)  I am so grateful to still have my 86 year old mom with me.  We always have a good time together even if it is nothing more that running errands.

       And so then, I was almost back home again when I saw this huge flock of birds fly across the road.  I mean HUGE flock and they lit in this tree and the field behind it.  They would lift and fly and make turns all together as a group.  Amazing!





I have no idea what kind they are as I couldn't get close enough and didn't have any binoculars with me.  The day was very overcast and I couldn't distinguish any colors.  They just appeared black and medium sized. 
Not a big as a robin but bigger than bluebirds.

I have never seen such a big flock of any kind of birds before.  They must have been feeding on seeds or bugs and then they
would fly to the water tank for a drink.

I wonder, are they flying south or since the winter has 
been so warm are they flying back north 
to wherever home is.

 P.S.  I just realized it is my Grandpa Earl's birthday today.  He made his transition to Spirit many, many years ago.  I still miss him.  The most warm and loving man I have ever known. Happy Birthday, Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment