Friday, January 6, 2012

Another Time of New Beginnings



      And so, today is January 6th also known as the "Three Kings Day" or, from Wikipedia:
"Epiphany, (Koine Greek: ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation", "striking appearance"[1]) or Theophany,[2] (Ancient Greek (ἡ) Θεοφάνεια, Τheophaneia) meaning "vision of God",[3]feast day that celebrates the revelation of God the Son as a human being in Jesus Christ. Western Christians commemorate principally (but not solely) the visitation of the Biblical Magi to the Baby Jesus, and thus Jesus' physical manifestation to the Gentiles on January 6."  A time of reflection and Epiphany. 

     A week to settle down from all the holiday festivities and think about what this new year may hold.  I am always curious as to what will be put in front of me.  And then how to respond instead of reacting to that.  With the closing of the cafe I  now have endless days to do and be as I am want to do and I glory in that.  A slower pace of life, I hope, with more time to attend to matters of the Spirit and Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment