Friday, January 27, 2012

The Artisans' Guild

   
       I worked a shift at the Artisans' Guild last Monday.  I have been a member there since the spring of 1991 and it has been in existence for over 40 years.  It is one of the oldest Art Co-ops in the country. 


       There 55 local artists exhibiting there and all within a 25 mile radius of Gainesville.  Everything in the gallery is locally made.  There is so much talent displayed there.


       And so many different mediums.  Paintings, pottery, jewelry, wood turning, leather crafting, quilting, fiber arts, silk painting, just to name a few.


       It is such a lovely space.  If you are ever in Gainesville, Florida, it is a place not to be missed.  It is located in old downtown district with much to see and do around it.


        And then today is a special day as well.  It is my dad's birthday.  He would have been 88 today.  I bid him a happy day and I know he heard me.  Such a lovie.  Here he is with my niece, Jessica, a few years ago.

        And I think that's it for today.  My warm ol' waterbed is calling me on this chilly night.  Tomorrow we bake bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment