Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sweetgum Pods and Such

         My Gosh!, it's been ten days since I posted.  It has been a busy ten days I'll tell you.  I've been printing and matting for an order I received from a shop in Saint Augustine.  What a nice surprise after a long dry spell of limited orders.  Also, printing and putting together my books to take into the Artisans' Guild and for sale on Etsy. 

       It rained a couple of days ago and we really needed it.  The woods are wet again with the nice soaking we received.  The rain and wind did knock down all the Sweetgum pods from the big tree in the back yard.  They are killers for bare feet!  But they are so neat that I wish I could find something to do with them.

Do you see all those prickly little pods hiding amid the leaves?


And a pretty red maple leaf amongst the oak, ash
and sweetgum pods and  leaves.


This is what they look like up close. 
Hard, prickly little buggers they are, all right!

But they are really neat.  Any suggestions on a way to use them?  Maybe some craft project will come about.

The "Hunter Extraordinaire" has spied a lizard me thinks. 
She hunts the entire time that we are out for a walk. 
She loves it when something runs away from her 
'cause, ooh, she just wants to chase it so bad!!


       Went down to Wendy's for supper last night and some delish BBQ pork with some broccoli and whole kernel corn.  Went down real easy with a rum drink she mixed up.  She is changing the look of her little place and it sure is cute.  Will have to take some pictures to show you.  So far, she likes her new job even though the training has been a little trying.  But a steady paycheck will be very nice for her after the ups and downs of the cafe.


No comments:

Post a Comment